Thursday, December 9, 2010


"Through community service, I learn what it means to be a part of something bigger than myself."

Hi everyone :) I'm Alex Jay.  I started the iCare Foundation as a way for teenagers to use their talents and abilities to help others.  The whole thing started when I met Alesha McDaniel.  She's a student at Spain Park, and she has down syndrome.  Her whole story is below.  I planned a shopping trip with some friends to buy her a new wardrobe. This event has really captured the hearts of a lot of people.  Donations have been coming in everyday, and people around the community are really getting involved.  Since this has had such a good result, I decided to find other ways for teens to help others.  I am so excited about all of the things I have planned for this program.  I can't thank the people enough who have helped me with this. I love you all so much. Also, my parents have been so supportive and loving. This Christmas is going to be amazing.  All kinds of dreams are coming true.  Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment