Thursday, December 9, 2010

Upcoming Events:

The Children's Hospital
Cheer Clinic


So I had the idea to have a cheer clinic at the local Children's Hospital.  There was a girl who said that when she got better that she wanted to be a cheerleader! I told her that I thought that she could be a cheerleader right now.  She said no, because she was too different.  Honestly, that broke my heart. I used to be a cheerleader and I had to quit because of an injury, but no matter what, cheerleading will always be in my heart.  I have a lot of friends that are cheerleaders.  Like this little girl, they are all different and cheer on different teams.  My idea was to have an all-day cheer clinic and have different cheer teams have shifts and teach cheers.  This all day event, allows kids to come at any point in the day.  Also, we are going to have some cheerleaders that cheer at local high schools teach "basketball" cheers that require kids to sit down.. so if there's a child that is in a wheel chair or too weak to stand, they can still learn cheers! Also, we were going to get a level 5 cheer team to perform at the end of the night!  I know a lot of girls are individually doing this even if the rest of the cheerleading team isn’t interested.  If you have any cheerleading background and want to help, let me know what you think :)  It would most likely take place in February or April.
Right now I know that these high schools want to teach at least one shift: (either groups or at least one individual person is going to be their helping)
-Spain Park High School (You can get information from Rachel Fritz 205-540-0027)
-Hoover High School (You can get information from myself)
-Pelham High School (You can get information from Tarsi Woods, Raegan Bright, or Ally Pitts)

Right now I know that these competitive teams are wanting to teach at least one shift:
-Ace Allstars of Alabama (You can get information from Rachel Fritz (sphs) 205-540-0027)
-Cowboys Allstars (You can get information from Katie Glass 205-876-6410 from Spain Park, Anna Holland 205-999-6382 from Pelham, or Hannah Hurst 205-876-4624 from Pelham)

Right now I know that these individuals are want to help with at least one shift:
-Julia Minopoli (SPHS)
-Mahaley Woods (SPHS)

Let me know what you think and if you would like to help:)
You can contact me at icarefoundation@yahoo.com 205-901-0207
OR Morgan Carter at 205-572-0623
Thank you :)



No comments:

Post a Comment